Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yet another checkpoint.

Finally, after 3 years, another end of the road for me, and hopefully another road will lead to somewhere else.

After 3 years, I have managed to achieve something I badly wanted to do in ITE; to get a diploma. And after seeing my results, it has been an anti climax really, I don't feel too elated, yet I do feel a little lost. Maybe its because I'm compartmentalising my feelings, or maybe its just that I am relieved that the 3 years have passed by without much problems and roadblocks. I didn't do very well in poly, but I didn't do badly either.

Of all the benefits bestowed on me in poly, the most valuable thing I have learned is the power of human relationships i.e friendship. These 3 years would have been demoralising and downright nasty had it not been for my friends. My friends are the one that gave me an outlet to express myself, help me to check out from the hustle and bustle of school life and just be themselves and entertain me. Ever since the first day of school until now, I can safely say that there has never been a single day whereby i'm not with at least one of my friends. Its just cool that a group of strangers can come together and find commonalities in all of us, which was of course, crapping, and just having a great time.

The one single regret I have when I look back is not getting to know them even more. I remember when I was in year one, where I would go home for breaks and not mingling with them outside school. Only when I was in year 2 did I start being social.

When I had breaks I would source for them, in lectures I would talk and get into trouble with them, in classes I would sit with them. I should have done all that in year one.

As much as I'd like to say that we all will make the effort to keep in touch, chances are, all of us will drift apart, moving on with our lives and have 1001 different worries. But that's normal, and it wont be held against anyone of us to not being able to keep in touch. The best thing to have now is our memories of one another, and the pictures we have that captured the specific times in our lives that we kept each other company.

This has been one of the best times in my life. But we all move on. Just never forget where we came from, and the friends that we made.

The one constant in my life over the 3 years is Ain. The one by my side throughout the years. I am very grateful, and realise a gem of a person I have with me.

I will miss walking to school every morning for the past 3 years.
I will miss the times in the LT's, with us being boisterous.
I will miss watching you guys playing cards at AITAS.
I will miss all the name calling, you mama jokes, the punching and hitting, the visits to Al Majlis, disturbing every single one of you.

Life's been great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home